Terms and Conditions
- Up to date prices for the hire of our Beach Huts are shown on our website.
- Hourly rates apply (summer months only). Hourly bookings are subject to on the day availability of Beach Huts.
- Prices are subject to regular review and may change.
- Up to date access times are shown on our website.
- Access is restricted to daylight hours as stipulated by Marshalls Beach & Leisure Huts Ltd.
- Under no circumstances are the Beach Huts to be used for overnight accommodation.
- Access hours are subject to regular review and may change due to special events and/or during quiet months.
- We are unable to guarantee access for on the day, or drop in bookings.
BOOKINGS AND PAYMENT
- Payment in full is required at the time of booking.
- A minimum of 24 hours notice is required for bookings. Bookings can be made six (6) months in advance.
- All payments are inclusive of a non-refundable deposit equal to 50% of the total hire cost, subject to a minimum of £25.00.
- Hourly (minimum of 2/maximum of 3 hours) hire of a Beach Hut (summer months only) is subject to on the day availability. Full payment is required at the time of booking and in advance of the keys being issued.
- We are unable to take advance or online/telephone bookings for the hourly hire of Beach Huts.
- Once a payment has been received this confirms your acceptance of Marshalls Beach & Leisure Huts Ltd, Terms and Conditions.
- Bookings for the hire of Beach Hut(s) are not deemed confirmed until payment is received in full.
- Bookings are non-transferrable in name or date, except at the discretion of Marshalls Beach & Leisure Huts Ltd.
REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT AGAINST LOSS/LATE RETURN OF KEYS AND/OR DAMAGE
- All bookings require a £25.00 refundable CASH deposit held against loss or late return of keys and/or damage to the Beach Hut or its contents. This is to be paid on the day of hire and will be refunded upon the timely return of keys, along with the Beach Hut and it’s contents being returned in good state.
- Keys will only be issued at the time of hire, when payment in full has been received.
- Keys are to be collected from the office within the first 2 hours of the stipulated access times by the hirer stated on the booking. We are located in Hut One (1) on the Lower Promenade.
- Key collection outside of the stated hours is available by prior arrangement. Please contact Marshalls Beach & Leisure Huts at the earliest opportunity.
- The hirer stated on the booking shall be responsible for ensuring the Beach Hut is vacated and secured according to the access times stipulated.
- The hirer stated on the booking is responsible for ensuring the keys are returned to the office by the ‘end of hire access time’ each day. This also applies to multiple days/weekly and monthly bookings.
- We reserve the right to levy an additional charge of one day’s hire, at the applicable rate, for the late return of keys. The cost will be charged to the hirer named on the booking, by way of deduction from the ‘refundable’ deposit, or by invoice should the rate be in excess of the refundable deposit.
- The hirer named on the booking shall notify Marshalls Beach & Leisure Huts of lost keys at the earliest convenience. Lost keys will incur a charge of £20.00. The cost will be deducted from the ‘refundable deposit’.
- The hirer stated on the booking will be held responsible for any damage caused to the Beach Huts including fixtures and fittings and items provided, as stated on the inventory, otherwise than by reasonable and fair use.
- Any costs incurred by Marshalls Beach & Leisure Huts Ltd as a result of repair or replacement will deem the returnable deposit non-refundable, in part or full. Any additional cost in excess of £25.00 will be charged to the hirer named on the booking by way of invoice.
- A maximum of two (2) Well-Behaved Dogs are permitted in the huts. Dogs are not allowed onto the cushioned seating. It is not permitted for dogs to be left unattended, in or around the Beach Hut. Please keep your dog under control and supervised at all times. Dispose of dog waste in one of the many purposeful bins situated along the promenade.
Please take note of Redcar & Cleveland Council Dog Laws (signage all along Lower Promenade) with regards to Beach Access and Fouling. Failure to abide by these rules could jeopardise future access for all dogs into the huts.
- All our Beach Huts, including the veranda are Non Smoking.
- Due to the increased risk of fire BBQ’s, stoves, grills, and such like items are not to be used in or around the Beach Huts.
- The supply of electricity is included within your hire rates. With the exception of phone chargers, baby bottle warmers and laptops you are prohibited from bringing your own electrical items into the Beach Hut.
PAT TESTED electrical goods (mini fridge, microwave, toasters, heaters) will be available for hire.
- Use of the raised shelving for anything other than additional storage is strictly prohibited. Marshalls Beach & Leisure Huts Ltd cannot accept liability or responsibility for injury sustained due to the misuse of the shelving.
- The deck chairs and windbreaker included in your hire rates are permitted onto the beach. All other items provided are to remain at the Beach Hut.
- The hirer stated on the booking form shall not sublet the Beach Hut to any person(s) in return for payment.
- The hirer shall not permit the use of the Beach Hut for advertisement display or sale of goods, products or services including religious material.
- The use of illegal substances is not permitted in or around the Beach Huts. Persons deemed to be supplying, using or under the influence of an illegal substance(s) will be reported to the police. The hire terms will be terminated with immediate effect with no return to the hirer the portion of charge paid in respect of any unexpired period.
- Be considerate of neighbouring Beach Hut tenants, and the general public. The hirer named on the booking is responsible for visitors to the hut and shall not cause nuisance, annoyance, inconvenience, or disturbance to others.
- Marshalls Beach & Leisure Huts Ltd cannot accept liability or responsibility for damage or loss to personal belongings kept within the Beach Huts during the agreed hire period.
- Marshalls Beach & Leisure Huts Ltd reserve the right to gain daily access to the Beach Hut for the purpose of cleaning. We will however always try to contact you first to confirm access or to make alternative arrangements should cleaning be required less frequently.
- No notice to access your Beach Hut will be given if it is believed that a breach of one or more of the conditions of hire has occurred, or we have reason to believe a criminal offence has been, or is about to be, committed.
- All litter and personal belongings must be removed from the Beach Hut upon departure, and the hut left as you find it on commencement of hire. Any cost incurred as a result of excessive cleaning will deem the returnable deposit in full or in part, non-refundable.
- Personal belongings left in the Beach Hut after departure will be held as Lost Property in the Beach Hut Office, for 28 days.
- Should a person(s) be in immediate danger, you should phone 999 to contact the emergency services, and then notify a member of the Marshall’s Leisure & Beach Huts team.
- Access for emergency vehicles Police/Fire/Ambulance/Coastguard is required along the promenade. Please ensure that the route to the front of your Beach Hut is cleared quickly and as safely as possible.
In such cases please be observant of young children and less abled bodied people who may require assistance.
TERMINATION OF BOOKING
We reserve the right to terminate a booking, without refund, if our terms and conditions are not adhered to. Additionally, future bookings may be declined.
- You have a right to complain should you feel unhappy with our service, or the Beach Huts. We welcome the opportunity to rectify any issues as soon as possible and therefore request you come and speak to a member of the team at your earliest convenience.
Here at Marshall Beach & Leisure Huts Ltd, we thank you for your co-operation and wish you a very enjoyable stay. Please do not hesitate to contact a member of the team should you at any time require assistance.